Your education in global health can take you in many directions. It starts at Duke Kunshan.
Health is global and global health is local. As the world becomes increasingly interconnected and health issues cut across national boundaries, opportunities within the field of global health are expanding. The Master of Science in Global Health (MScGH) at Duke Kunshan University is modeled after the highly successful Master’s Program at Duke University -- one of the first programs of its kind in the United States. Our Duke Kunshan program graduates receive a Master of Science degree from Duke University in Durham, NC USA.
Our vision is to create a vibrant community that is known world-wide for its academic excellence and its impact in helping to meet the global health challenges of today and tomorrow and to achieve health equity worldwide, especially in China, neighboring Asian countries, and other Low-and Middle-Income Countries. We achieve our vision through our mission of training the next generation of global health researchers, practitioners, and leaders through a high-quality educational program and participation in research.
Our program emphasizes interdisciplinary collaboration, a research experience, mentorship from expert faculty, and a China-based education with opportunities to study in Kunshan, China, Durham, USA, and a third fieldwork research site. We prepare our graduates to make an impact in the reduction of health disparities globally and locally.
Global Health Master Program Admissions Officer: LUO Jing
Office Phone: +86 (0)512 3665 7357
Project WeChat: Kunshan Duke Global Health
The 2019 online application system was officially opened on September 29. After receiving the full application, the committee will notify you the results of the admission within four weeks. The priority deadlne for the application and scholarship is: January 31, 2019. The final application deadline for the project is: March 31, 2019.
Get More Info
In this program you will develop an understanding of the most important global health concepts and challenges. You will gain a solid foundation in global health research methods, with a focus on ethics and working in cross-cultural settings. And you will learn to understand, evaluate and compare health systems and health interventions from around the world.
- Average student age is approximately 24
- Multicultural student body representing 13 countries to date
- MSc-GH students received undergraduate degrees in fields such as medicine, public health, biology, engineering, law, economics, policy, business
- Cohort size is typically 10-15 students per year
- Graduates hold rewarding positions with academic, governmental, non-governmental, international, and corporate organizations or are pursuing medical or Ph.D.-level training at the top universities in the world
- Faculty-mentored research opportunity
- Focus on applied, relevant research and skills
- International education in two locations (Kunshan, China and Durham, USA) with a Duke University degree
- Funded student fieldwork, typically in a location outside of China or the USA
- Ear-marked professional development fund and support for each student
- Strong partnership with Duke University (Duke Global Health Institute)
- Close-knit and diverse student community