- Citation Management Tools
- Language Learning Tools
- Academic databases
- eBook Readers
Citation Management Tools
EndNote is a powerful citation management tool which helps users search hundreds of online resources for bibliographic information and PDFs. Using this tool users can store and organize PDFs into meaningful collections, and read, review, annotate and search within the PDFs in personal libraries or libraries shared with others for group projects. The tool can also build bibliographies in a huge range of referencing styles. It is available for both Windows and Mac (desktop and iOS app).
Note: The software is licensed for all DKU faculty, students and staff. It is not permitted to share with others outside DKU.
- Access DKU SharePoint
- Select the appropriate version of EndNote 20 to install the software to your devices (EndNote X9 is still available to download and use).
- Please follow the instruction EndNote 20 Install Steps to complete installation (You will not be prompted for a Product Key).
- Libraries created in an earlier version of EndNote can be converted to adapt the new version (a prompt message will pop up).
Help and support:
- User guides are available at the Endnote Training website.
- For one-on-one support, contact DKU Library.
Zotero is a free, open source citation management tool created by the Center for History and New Media at George Mason University. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The tool supports the capture of bibliographic data for a range of source types, the storage and organization of PDFs, and automation of in-text citations and reference lists using Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
- Go to the Zotero download page.
- Click the ‘Download’ button to install the software
- Install the ‘Connector’ for your chosen web browser (this allows you to capture bibliographic information from the web)
- If you would like to sync your account across multiple devices, create your account at the Zotero registration page.
Help and support:
Language Learning Tools
ChinesePod is a Mandarin learning tool with a daily language learning podcast and accompanying website. With DKU Library’s subscription, student, faculty, staff whose native language is non-Chinese will get premium access to the resource which includes: full access to the archive of over one thousand lessons and all new lessons published within the subscription period; online lesson review exercises and expansion; high-quality audio review file, containing new vocabulary and examples of usage; vocabulary study tools, including virtual flashcards; and iPhone access.
- Complete ChinesePod Code Redeem Form.
- You will get an access code via email at your DKU email address. Follow the instructions in the email to activate your subscription.
Skritter is a tool for you to learn Chinese & Japanese characters, you write characters in stroke-level in your browser with Skritter and get real-time feedback. It also automatically import your vocabulary from ChinesePod.
- Complete Skritter Code Redeem Form. You will get an access code via email at your DKU email address.
- Go to Skritter and click ‘Sign Up’ in the top right corner.
- Create an account using your DKU email address (XXX@dukekunshan.edu.cn).
- Under ‘Choose Plan’, select ‘Coupon’. Enter the code you get from the library into ‘Coupon code’.
Wind Financial Terminal is a one-stop platform for Chinese financial data and information. The terminal integrates the most comprehensive and accurate market data, fundamental data, research, news, and analytics tools across all asset classes in China.
- Wind Financial Terminal can be accessed on all Library public workstations (official accounts have been logged in, do not replace them with personal accounts):
- Full version on Windows desktops (second floor)
- Trial version (no download) available on Mac desktops (second floor) and iPad pro (first floor)
Locate the Wind icon to open the platform.
- Download instruction:
If you have special requests, please send an email to email@example.com
Help and Support:
- DKU Librarians can provide training for Wind on request.
Adobe Digital Editions
Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) is a free eBook reader software program that is required for reading many of the Library’s eBooks. It is available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. When you create a free account with Adobe (your Adobe ID) your eBooks and reading progress can be synced across multiple devices.
- Go to the ADE download page and install the software for your computer, phone or tablet.
- When prompted during the install, create your Adobe account and login to the software to begin downloading and reading eBooks
Super Star Chinese eBook and Journal machine
DKU Library subscribes to two self-service stations with thousands of Chinese language eBooks and journals to check out to your smartphones or tablets. One is located next to the Library entrance on the first floor of the Academic Building, and the other is on the second floor of the student residence hall.
- Download the app 超星移动图书馆 from Apple Store or Android Market.
- Locate an eBook or journal on the machine, then find the QR code in the bottom right corner
- Click 扫一扫 (scan) on the app to scan the QR code
- The item will be added to 书架 (bookshelves) on the app
- To sync your downloads and reading progress across multiple devices, create a free account with the app.
There is no limit to how many books or journals you can download, and the items do not expire.