Your file is assembled in the Graduate Admissions Office where all official recordkeeping is maintained. The actual in-depth review of your file is conducted by graduate faculty, usually an admissions committee headed by the Director of Graduate Studies. All applications are reviewed with respect to openings in the department and the strength of other applicants. Attention is given to every aspect of an application, with an attempt made to evaluate past achievement as well as scholarly potential. Academic records, letters of recommendation, standardized test scores, as well as your own statement of goals and objectives, are all taken into consideration during the review process.
Applicants are understandably concerned about Duke Kunshan University's standards for admission with regard to grades and standardized test scores. Keep in mind that grades and test scores are only two factors taken into consideration during the application review process. Letters of recommendation and your Statement of Purpose are equally important. Duke Kunshan University is interested in recommendation letters from individuals who are in the best position to assess your true potential as a graduate student, particularly those who are in a relevant field of study. In your Statement of Purpose, be as specific as possible about your research interests and qualifications. If you have particular reasons for choosing Duke Kunshan University, be sure to indicate these.
All students are automatically considered for merit scholarships based on their Graduate School application – no additional application is required. In addition, accepted students may apply for scholarships and awards based on financial need, country of origin, and field of study. For details on how to apply for these scholarships and awards, please contact the Global Health or the Medical Physics program directly.
The online application for Fall 2019 Admission will be available beginning September 12, 2018.
Application deadlines for the Master of Science in Global Health and Medical Physics programs are:
- Priority Deadline: January 31, 2019 (11:59:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time)
- Applications submitted by this date will receive priority consideration for scholarships.
- Regular Deadline: March 31, 2019 (11:59:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time)
- Deadline: January 31, 2019 (11:59:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time)
- After the deadline, applications will continue to be accepted and considered while space is available and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Scholarship levels for those applicants who submit application materials after the January 31 deadline could be impacted by the number of students already admitted.
Admissions decisions are generally provided within four (4) weeks of receiving all application materials, including recommendation letters, official test scores, unofficial transcripts, and any other required items.
Please see the program-specific page for additional information: